I’ve been awake since about 4:30 this morning, waiting like a kid on Christmas for the day to begin.
Today is the day Daisy Arthur steps away from the publisher’s desk and onto bookshelves around the country. I’m not sure what is supposed to happen on a launch day, but I’ll take notes and let you know, should anything at all exciting occur. Here are some bookstores that, to the best of my knowledge, have agreed to carry “Faith on the Rocks:”
- Amazon.Com – They aren’t shipping until mid-July, but you can pre-order at this date. Check this link to see the page online.
- Barnes & Noble – Again, no shipping until July, but yes, you can pre-order here as well.
- Who Else! Books – This is a small bookstore on Broadway in Denver. I’ll be doing a book signing here on July 13th. Owners Ron and Nina have been supporting local authors for years, and they are a delight to work with. Stop in and see them when you get a chance.
- Three Chimneys Natural Surroundings – Located in the heart of old town Littleton, this wonderful gift shop has books and much more to browse through. I’d save at least a half hour in your day for a visit to this shop. You’ll find a clean, fun-filled array of items to delight the eye and capture your interest.
“FAITH ON THE ROCKS” BOOK REVIEWS:
So now, the question becomes not “when” but “is it worth it?” To help you decide, here are some of the reviews I’ve received so far:
Five Star Hardcover ISBN/ITEM#: 9781432827137
“Malik shows great promise as a debut novelist. Her characters are fun and quirky, and I kept chuckling right through to the end. A great read!”
No project great or small is the result of one person’s efforts alone. Life wouldn’t be worth living and projects wouldn’t be successful without the generous spirit of the people in our communities. So here is my meager effort to acknowledge people who have made “Faith on the Rocks” possible. Thank you to all my friends, including:
- Rocky Mountain News where the story behind the story came from
- My GREAT family – sisters, brother, husband, children, glorious granddaughter – you give me my spirit
- My family of friends both next door and afar who ask about my work and keep their fingers crossed for my writing success. I am humbled by the wonder of community
- My dear Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers friends. The learning I have had in your care has been wonderful.
- Writer’s Digest – I have subscribed to this magazine for most of the 35 years I’ve spent interested in becoming a “real” published author.
- My SUPERB critique group from the Southwest Plaza mall. My Thursday evenings over the past ten years have been a delightful journey not only in skill development, but in reading some great works of art. I only wish I could have mentioned every one of the 70 or so members from this group in my book’s acknowledgement section. I can’t thank you enough for all of your help.
- FIVE STAR PUBLISHING – Especially Deni Dietz who is a successful author, editor, and all round special person who had the faith in me to keep me going. Thank you Tiffany Schofield for your patient and superb direction of this project from the minute Five Star acquired this manuscript to today. Thank you to Alice Duncan and Tracey Matthews for your terrific edits, and to the great marketing and sales department who have given me a wonderful book cover, publicity, and (fingers crossed) super sales prospects.
A FAVOR TO ASK
If you are reading this, and believe in “Faith on the Rocks” I hope you will send a link of this post along to your mystery-reading friends. New “unknown” authors have a limited budget for promotion, so the help of well-meaning friends is invaluable in their success. Thank you for coming along with me on this journey to first publication.
I wish you every success in your making your dreams come true and happy reading always.